Friday, April 6, 2012

A new experience

So yesterday Sonia and I had the opportunity to attend the marriage of a couple who live in our ward. It was a lovely wedding, in a beautiful part of Brisbane known as the Samford Valley. The location they had chosen for both the wedding and reception was at a function centre set up on a hill with a magnificent view over the valley.

The bride was radiant, the groom was looking fairly calm and relaxed, and they both looked very happy. I have known this couple for about 6 months, and like most of us, they have had their share of challenges. It was wonderful to see them finally make it to the altar (figuratively speaking, as there was no actual altar) and 'tie the knot'.

What made it especially interesting for me was that I had the privilege of performing the wedding ceremony for them. It was a great experience, and I felt honoured to take part in this way. I look forward to seeing them enjoy a long and happy life together.

1 comment: